Sunday, August 26, 2007

Someone waiting for you

As I finished work like any other Saturday night, I would pack my bag, punch my card, take the long flight of stairs down the restaurant and head for the train station. Usually by then I would feel a chill from the air-conditioning on my perspiration and I would take the MRT from City Hall back to Tampines and I will take a bus back home from the bus terminal.

This Saturday felt different.

Since I got my driver's license, I have been working late through midnight and driving my dad's car home, or to supper at Fei Fei Wantan Mee, or to find some friends for company. But this Saturday, yesterday, I went about my old routine of taking the good ol' public transport.

I felt the void.

I used to have a pesky A.P. who would send me smses even during my shift, and after work, I will definitely see a message that asks caringly, if I have finished work or am I tired, or, she would say that she was tired and she'd be turning in and I'd see her tomorrow.

Yesterday, I received no such messages, and it made me ponder, is there someone waiting for all of us?

It made a whole lot of difference, having someone wait up for you whilst you head home, because even though you're alone, you don't feel alone, because someone is waiting, someone notices if you were to make it back home safely or if you might have been involved in a car accident.

Don't take your someones for granted, they are the ones that keep you company when you're lonely and make sure you're home safe each time you venture.

Saturday nights feel lonelier than usual now.

No comments: