Monday, September 10, 2007

Compliments

I would like to think that everyone would love to be complimented for that new hairdo that makes them look a million dollars, that Italian silk tie that adds that edge to that powersuit, the beautiful figure-hugging dress that makes them look ooh-la-la!

Whenever I see that someone has made the effort to doll up, usually the ladies, be it a nice necklace, those gorgeous pearl earrings, or just plain, natural beauty, I make it a point to compliment them as I think it is polite and kind. It doesn't take me much effort, just a little attention to details, a short sentence, and I make their day, or even just to bring a smile on their face.

But what I realise is that not many people take compliments too well.

Some just shy away with a whimper, "Thanks," and some just remain silent which makes me feel really awkward like I said something wrong.

I asked my beloved aunt/sugar mummy(we have a bit of a tiny scandal going on) about this and she told me,

"Shawn, women are not like men, we will remain humble even though we know we are HOT."

I really wonder if that's true because I met two gorgeous ladies while at work last Friday and they were the first two ladies to have received it in what I consider both class and fashion.

"Thank you.. You are very kind." And with a BE-YOU-TI-FULL smile at the end of it, one even gave me a flirtatious wink. :D

Anyway, I'd like to end off by saying, make someone's day, compliment them, and for those of you who receive one, genuinely look the person in the eye and thank them sincerely for it, don't embarrass them. ;)

No comments: